|August 15, 2018|
Update 6 is an update for Raft released on August 15, 2018.
Auto save and updates to saving
A long requested feature is now finally in the game - auto saving!
The following changes have been made to saving:
- The game will automatically save every 10 minutes - this is toggleable in the settings.
- All clients will now save the world and their inventories together with the host.
- A small icon will appear in the right bottom corner indicating the world is saving.
- The game will now automatically save the world when a client leaves
Increased seed drop rate
Right now it's quite hard to sustain a farm or go paint-crazy. Therefore, we have increased the drop rate on flower seeds to 50%, and the drop rate for watermelon and pineapple seed to 60%.
Research and croplots are now syncing
We have fixed an annoying bug that sometimes made it so friends joining you didn't realize stuff had been researched, rendering them unable to craft already researched items. Cropplots also sometimes didn't render properly (client couldn't harvest the tree etc) This is now fixed.
Spawning in water
A few of you have experienced spawning in the water - we're sorry about this, and have now implemented checks to make sure you will no longer be stranded in the water without a raft!
Collision on the beds
We have fixed an annoying issue that made it so you couldn't pick up things or interacting with stuff close to a bed without laying down. This is now fixed so you can interact with things properly!
We have made a small optimization this patch by decreasing the maximum items held in collection nets to 10. We've seen noticeable performance increase on especially larger rafts with many nets.
A new programmer
We are happy to welcome Gabriel to the Redbeet Interactive team! He will be focusing mostly on bug fixes and other awesome things the next couple weeks to get integrated into the project!
- Added toggleable auto save every 10 min.
- Added saving on all clients when host saves.
- Added a small icon indicating the world is saving.
- Added saving when a client leaves a world.
- Maximum item held in collection nets is now 10.
- Added a spawn checker to make sure you don't end up in the water without your raft in sight.
- Increased seed spawn rate on flowers and watermelon/pineapple.
- Fixed an issue with the anchor pulling you away from an island when dropping it.
- Fixed a rare error with shift clicking rope in your inventory crashing the games.
- Dead seagulls are now fully dead - they will not make a sound when being hit after dying.
- Fixed an issue with new worlds being created with the wrong game mode.
- Fixed a rare bug with trees not being harvestable or at the same growth stage on all clients.
- Inverted wood roof corner are no longer free to build.
- Fixed a rare issue with researched items not being loaded by new clients joining.
- Decreased cost of the half pillar from 2 wood and 1 nail to 1 wood and 1 nail.