Summary[edit | edit source]
The Llama is one of the three tamable animals. Untamed Llamas are non-hostile creatures in Raft. However, if the player gets too close, they will get startled and run away from the player until the player has stayed at a far enough distance for long enough, at which point they will calm down and slowly amble around. Tamed Llamas will not interact with the player directly, but will randomly walk around the raft. However, they have a habit of walking off the edge of the raft, so it is advisable to build a fenced-in area for them using the Building Hammer. Llamas produce Wool, which can be harvested by using a Shear on the Llama once its fur has grown.
The player may pick up a tamed Llama at all times. Whilst the Llama is picked up, the player may rename them.
In order to tame a Llama, the player is required to obtain a Net Launcher as well as its ammo; a Net Canister. They may then locate a Large Island (these can be found after finding the abandoned Radio Tower). Once the Island is located, there is a chance for one or more to spawn somewhere on the island. When a Llama is located, the player must fire a Net Launcher at it. If it is hit, the player can pick it up and relocate it. Once the Llama is caught, it is considered tamed and will no longer run away from the player after being placed on the Raft.
There are two types of rare Llamas. Whereas the normal Llama is all brown, the first rare Llama is a mix of reddish-brown with white legs, face, and neck. The second rare Llama is predominantly brown with white stripes on its body and legs. When discovering a Large Island and a Llama is spawned, there is a 88% chance for it to be the standard type, 8% chance for the Type 1 rare, and 4% chance for the Type 2 rare. Catching either of the rare Llamas unlocks the "Some Look Different!" achievement.
Like other Livestock, the Llama becomes hungry after 8 minutes since last eating. While holding the animal or keeping it captured with the net, this timer is paused.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Once the Llama is tamed, the player is able to shear them with Shears by holding left-click on them to collect Wool. The Wool will respawn after 5 minutes.
- It must be fed from a watered Grass Plot to produce Wool. It will check in a radius of 7 meters (translates to roughly four foundations).
- After catching a Llama, the player may name it while holding it.
History[edit | edit source]
|Update 12.01||Llamas stop producing Wool instead of dying when starved.|
|Llamas no longer drop Name Tags.|
|Update 9||Llama added to the game.|