Raft Wiki

Starting June 25, 2022, Raft Wiki will be removing French and German content from this wiki, as they duplicate content found on their separate wikis (French and German Raft Wikis).

Thank you for your support.

READ MORE

Raft Wiki
Advertisement
Goat
Click here to see information about this file
An ordinary goat
REQUIRES:
You are using mobile version of "Infobox Components tabs"! We recommend viewing this page via "PC mode" or by switching to the desktop skin!
Healthpoints
100
Type
Livestock

Goats are Livestock found on Large Islands.

Summary[]

The Goat is one of the three tamable animals. Just as with Cluckers and Llamas, the player may capture Goats on land with a Net Launcher. After capturing them, the player may pick them up and carry them to a new location.

After capture, the Goat must be fed using Grass Plots in order for it to produce milk. When the Goat is ready to be milked, its udder will noticeably swell, and an icon will hover over the Goat. If the Goat isn't fed from a Grass Plot, it will not produce milk.

Goats can walk off the edge of a raft, so it is recommended to keep them contained by using a Plank Fence.

There are two types of rare Goats. Whereas the normal Goat is all black, the first rare Goat is predominantly brown with a little white markings on its face. The second rare Goat is predominantly white with a few brown marks on its throat and heads. When a Large Island is discovered and a Goat is spawned, there is a 88% chance for it to be the standard type, 8% chance for the Type 1 rare, and 4% chance for the Type 2 rare. Catching either of the rare Goats unlocks the "Some Look Different!" achievement.

Like other Livestock, the Goat becomes hungry after 8 minutes since last eating, and the Goat then stops producing milk. While holding the animal or keeping it captured with the Net, these timers are paused.

Uses[]

  • A Bucket of Milk.png Bucket of Milk can be collected from the Goat by using an empty Bucket.png Bucket on it. This can be done every 5 minutes.
  • It must be fed from a watered Grass Plot.png Grass Plot to produce Milk. It will check in a radius of 7 meters (translates to roughly four foundations).
  • After catching a Goat, the player may name it while holding it.

History[]

Early Access
Update 12.01 Goats stop producing milk instead of dying when starved.
Update 9.03 Livestock is a bit smarter
They will look for grass as best as they can.
Update 9.02 The time until an animal gets hungry is increased from 3 minutes to 6 minutes.
The time when an animal is removed after its death is increased from 2.5 minutes to 5 minutes.
Update 9 Goat added to the game.

Gallery[]

Advertisement