The Clucker is one of the three tamable animals. Cluckers are small birds that resemble chickens, turkeys or small ostriches. They can be captured on land with a Net Launcher, just like Goats and Llamas. After capturing them, the player may rename and carry them to a new location. Once fed from a Grass Plot, the Clucker will start laying Eggs. If the Clucker starves, it will stop laying Eggs until fed again.
There are two types of rare Cluckers. Whereas the normal Clucker is all blue, the first rare Clucker is brown-bodied with a white hood, like a bald eagle. The second rare Clucker is predominantly red with a few white marks on its wings and tail, possibly based on a pink flamingo. When discovering a Large Island and a Clucker is spawned, there is a 88% chance for it to be the standard type, 8% chance for the Type 1 rare, and 4% chance for the Type 2 rare. Catching either of the rare Cluckers unlocks the "Some Look Different!" achievement.
Like other Livestock, the Clucker becomes hungry after 8 minutes since last eating. While holding the animal or keeping it captured with the Net, the timer is paused.
Cluckers may fall off the edge of the raft if not fenced. Additionally, if the Shark destroys a foundation tile either beneath or within the fenced area, the Clucker may fall through. It can survive approximately 4 minutes while in water before dying.
- The player can collect Eggs from the Clucker. Eggs drop in an interval of 4–6 minutes. Eggs despawn after 10 minutes, so only 2 can be found per Clucker at a time, unless the player is lucky.
- It must be fed from a watered Grass Plot to produce Egg. It will check in a radius of 7 meters (translates to roughly four foundations).
- After taming a Clucker, the player may name it while holding it.
|Update 12.01||Cluckers stop producing Eggs instead of dying when starved.|
|Update 9.03||Livestock is a bit smarter
They will look for grass as best as they can.
|Update 9.02||The time until an animal gets hungry is increased from 3 minutes to 6 minutes.
The time when an animal is removed after its death is increased from 2.5 minutes to 5 minutes.
|Update 9||Clucker added to the game.|